EuroCham Annual General Meeting 2018
Dear Members and Friends,
The EuroCham Co-Chairmen Mr. Gellert Horvath and Mr. Nicolas Audier have the pleasure to announce the EuroCham Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2018.
The AGM will take place on Thursday, 22 March 2018:
Ho Chi Minh City: Sofitel Saigon Plaza,17 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1.
Hanoi: : Pan Pacific, 1 Thanh Nien, Ba Dinh District.
Time: : 05:30 PM - 09:30 PM.
Fee: : Free of charge (members only)
You are hereby invited to attend the AGM 2018 followed by a cocktail reception.
Please note that only members that have paid their membership dues in full for 2018 will have voting rights and be able to stand for election. Proof of payment will have to be presented to the EuroCham Secretariat until Thursday, 8 March 2018, 05:00PM.
17.30 – 18.00: Registration
18.00 – 18.10: Welcome remarks by EuroCham Co-Chairmen
18.10 – 18.25: Welcome remarks by EU Ambassador
18.25 – 19.25: AGM
19.25 – 19.50: Executive Committee 2018 introduction and election
19.50 – 20.00: Voting result: Budget 2018
20.00 – 20.20: Speech of Business Association Heads
20.20 – 20.35: Q&A
20.35 – 21.15: Break – cocktail reception
21.15 – 21.25: Voting result: Executive Committee 2018
21.25 – 21.30: Closing remarks
Nominations for the election of members of the Executive Committee should be submitted to either EuroCham offices (Hanoi or HCMC) by hand, facsimile or email in PDF format latest by Thursday, 8 March 2018, 05:00PM.
Please use the following contacts:
- EuroCham HCMC office
Fax: (028) 3827 2743
- EuroCham Hanoi office
Fax: (024) 3715 2218
Please click here to download nomination form
- All nominations must be made in writing on the form attached and must be signed by the proposer, the seconder, and the nominee.
- The nomination form must be accompanied by an attached statement not exceeding 200 words from the nominee stating his/her reasons for standing for election.
- All nominees, if elected, are expected to attend all Executive Committees meetings and to actively contribute and support EuroCham’s activities, interest and principles.
The voting procedures to apply at this AGM are set out in the document entitled “Voting Procedures – AGM 2018” accessible here.
A list of nominees will be featured on the EuroCham website and distributed at least seven days prior to the AGM.
Any Ordinary Member who is unable to attend the AGM in person may appoint one Ordinary Member to act on his/her behalf by way of a proxy.
All proxies must be made in writing in the prescribed form and must be duly signed by the Company Representative of the Ordinary Corporate Member or by the Ordinary Individual Member making the appointment. Please note that:
- Only Ordinary Members are eligible to be appointed as proxies.
- Proxies made by any Member who physically attends the AGM will be cancelled by the presence of that Member.
- For voting purposes, the appointment of a proxy means that your proxy will be able to cast all votes for all Executive Committee nominees on your behalf. Therefore, we suggest that if you wish your proxy to vote for specified nominees, you should advise your proxy to do so prior to the AGM.
- One voting Ordinary Member may hold only up to a maximum of ten (10) proxies plus the one deriving from her/his own membership, as per Executive Committee decision of 1st December 2016.
- Persons owning more than 01 membership may hold only up to a maximum of ten (10) proxies plus those deriving from her/his own memberships, as per Executive Committee decision of 1st December 2016.
- All proxies should be submitted in the prescribed form to EuroCham by Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 05:00PM by email, hand or fax.
- All proxies must be assigned; blank proxies will be null and void.
- Blank proxies received by EuroCham from Business Association members up to this deadline will be referred back to Business Association to ensure proxy is assigned. EuroCham will contact direct members. It is the assignee responsibility to check with the person they are giving the proxy to that their proxy limit has not been reached.
Please click here to download proxy form.
4. Voting procedures:
- Votes for the accounts 2017, the budget 2018 and other AGM proposals (if any) will be conducted by a show of hands.
- Votes for election of the Executive Committee 2018 - 2019 will be conducted by secret ballots and audited by Deloitte Vietnam.
Please click here to see full details of voting procedures
ENGAGE, PARTICIPATE, VOTE!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AT THE AGM 2018.
Dated: 15 January 2018
With Kind regards,