The Italian Trade Agency (ICE-ITA) – Trade promotion section of the Consulate General of Italy – is the government Agency with diplomatic status which promotes the internationalization of the Italian companies, in line with the strategies of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ITA provides information, support and advice to the Italian and foreign companies.
In addition to its headquarter in Rome and the Office in Milan, ITA operates worldwide through a large network of Trade Agency Offices linked to the Italian Embassies and Consulates, working closely with the local authorities and the business community. ITA provides a wide range of services overseas helping the Italian and foreign businesses to connect with each other, as well as attracting Foreign Direct Investments to Italy.
ICE – Italian Trade Commission, Ho Chi Minh City Office of ITA – Italian Trade Agency, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following job position:
- #01 SECRETARY – permanent contract, full-time, with 2 months probation period – Languages required: Vietnamese and English. The knowledge of the Italian is highly recommended.
The secretary will be responsible for performing general secretarial duties for the team and assisting the Trade Commissioner. Previous experience is required for this position.
The secretary will work under the direct supervision of the Trade Commissioner.
Job Location: Saigon Trade Center, Unit 2205 – 37 Ton Duc Thang Street – Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 – Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, office hours (currently from 8AM to 5PM).
Duties & Responsibilities
- To perform general secretarial duties for the team (receiving phone calls, drafting letters and notes, take memos and minutes of the meetings, managing the agenda and organizing the meetings);
- To register, send, receive, archive and/or file all the correspondence (internal and external) related to the team’s responsibilities and portfolio.
- The secretary is also responsible for receiving guests at the office: monitoring accesses, receiving visitors and accompanying them within the structure.
- To assist the Trade Commissioner with the preparation of the files and the approval circuit for all draft correspondence, procurement, or financial transactions.
- To assist the Trade Commissioner and the Trade Analysts with the necessary arrangements for hosting the meetings, participation in external events, planning and organizing of business missions;
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Trade Commissioner and parties concerned all those requirements;
- To coordinate with related projects and Public Relation;
- To update ITA websites and social media;
- To participate meetings and missions in Vietnam and abroad;
- The secretary is also responsible for opening the Office in the working hours and the
office functionality, as well as reporting about the needs of maintenance of the structure including that provided by the external services suppliers.
- Perform other related ad-hoc duties to support team as required.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in Vietnam;
- Applicant must be a Vietnam tax resident;
- Applicant must be able to show any current and valid passport or ID;
- A CV is required;
- Applicant must provide a criminal records certificate; if the applicant is an Italian citizen or has any other citizenships, he/she must provide corresponding certifications relating to the absence of any criminal sentences as well as pending charges (issued by the Judicial Register and of the Pending Loads);
- Applicant must have an active Vietnam Bank Account;
- Applicant must have a minimum of High School Graduation Examination or equivalent in related fields;
- Language required: a very good communication skills in Vietnamese and English – understanding, reading, speaking and writing; the knowledge of the Italian language is highly recommended, and it will be considered as a preferential qualification
- Advanced computer literacy in Windows OS, MS Office applications
- A strong sense of initiative and responsibility, motivated, self-starter, practical approach to problem-solving, ability to work alone and/or in a team, respecting dead- lines, and ability to handle stressful situations;
- Ready to travel internationally when required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills;
- Proven ability to work with highly regulated subject and to adapt to a variety of audiences (private or institutional) preferred.
INTERVIEW & TEST
ONLY those candidates who fully meet the above-listed requirements will be contacted for selective tests (in English):
- Practical test: computer test to prove general knowledge of PC use (Word and Excel).
- Speaking test: in English, Vietnamese (only for non-native Vietnamese candidates) and Italian if available.
Timing: about 45 min.
The candidates will be judged on a 1-10 scale for each test.**
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV, copy of valid Id-card or Passport and self-declaration that certifies the possession of the requirements (education and criminal records certificates) which guarantees entry to the selective phase ONLY BY EMAIL to: email@example.com – Attn. Fabio De Cillis (Mr).
Please note that Candidates lacking the mandatory requirement above mentioned will not be considered and will not receive a response. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 3RD, 2021 at 17:00 (GMT+7).
This selection may be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason by the ICE/ITA – Italian Trade Agency in Ho Chi Minh City at its full discretion, without generating any moral or legal commitment towards the candidates, including those fully meeting the job requirements.
The ICE/ITA – Italian Trade Agency does not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, color, race, religion or country of origin in the application of its employment policies, including but not limited to recruitment, training and promotion.
*On a 1-10 scale:
10 – exceptional, professional level
09 – excellent, no distractions
08 – very good, only a few minor problems
07 – very good, with more minor or a few major problems
06 – good, noticeable problems but not distracting
05 – average
04 – below average, a few distracting problems
03 – below average, with more than a few distracting problems 02 – poor
01 – very poor