ICE – Italian Trade Commission, Ho Chi Minh City Office of ITA – Italian Trade Agency.
The Italian Trade Agency (ICE-ITA) is the government agency with diplomatic status which promotes the internationalization of the Italian companies, in line with the strategies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI). ITA provides information, support and advice to the Italian and foreign companies.
In addition to the headquarter in Rome, ITA operates worldwide through a large network of Trade Agency Offices linked to the Italian Embassies and Consulates, working closely with the local authorities and businesses. ITA provides a wide range of services overseas helping Italian and foreign businesses to connect with each other, as well as attracting Foreign Direct Investments to Italy.
ICE – Italian Trade Commission, Ho Chi Minh City Office of ITA – Italian Trade Agency, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following job position:
- #01 TRADE ANALYST – Junior level, permanent contract, full-time, with 2 months probation period – Languages required: Vietnamese, English (mandatory) , Italian (preferred).
The Trade Analyst will be responsible for carrying out all tasks of Vietnamese market analysis, providing advice and/or consultancy services, plan and organize various trade promotional events and initiatives. Previous experience is required for this position.
The Trade Analyst will work under the direct supervision of the Trade Commissioner.
Job Location: Saigon Trade Center, Unit 2205 – 37 Ton Duc Thang Street – Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 – Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, office hours (currently from 8AM to 5PM).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct economic and market analysis both qualitative and quantitative, and providing advice and/or consultancy services for the Italian business to explore market opportunity in Vietnam;
- Feed and update the office’s database of local businesses by sector;
- Update information related to trade opportunities, changes in regulations, etc.;
- Plan and organize trade shows participation and various promotional events like seminars, workshops, meetings and mission to/from Italy;
- Set and maintain good relationships with the relevant contacts in industries, trade associations and government agencies;
- Provide support in implementing basic information and assistance to the Italian companies interested in entering the Vietnamese market, as well as Vietnamese companies interested in the Italian products/ companies/ investments;
- Participate meeting and mission in Vietnam and abroad;
- Perform other related ad-hoc duties to support team as required.
Requirements to GUARANTEE and CLARIFY at the time of application:
- Applicant must be eligible to work in Vietnam;
- Applicant must be a Vietnam tax resident;
- Applicant must be able to show any current and valid passport or ID;
- A CV is required;
- Applicant must provide a criminal records certificate; if the applicant is an Italian citizen or have any other citizenship, he/she must provide corresponding certifications relating to the absence of any criminal sentences as well as pending charges (issued by the Judicial Register and of the Pending Loads);
- Applicant must have an active Vietnam Bank Account;
- Applicant must have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, marketing, business administration, international trade or other closely related field;
- Master’s degree preferred;
- Language required: a very good communication skills in Vietnamese and English languages – understanding, reading, speaking and writing; knowledge of Italian language – spoken and written fluently – preferred;
- Advanced computer literacy in Windows OS, MS Office applications;
- A minimum of one year of previous experience in a similar role – (in the International Trade either public or private sector, Embassies, Trade Promotional Organization and etc) – preferred;
- Systematic analytical thinking and ability to manage various research data with accurate and reliable results;
- Good understanding of economy, business practices, laws, regulations and policies; general knowledge about Italy / Vietnam is an advantage.
- A strong sense of initiative and responsibility, motivated, self-starter, practical approach to problem-solving, ability to work alone and/or in a team, respecting deadlines, and ability to handle stressful situations;
- Ready to travel internationally when required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills preferred.
- Proven ability to work with highly regulated subject and to adapt to a variety of audiences (private or institutional) preferred;
- Project management skills coupled with a high attention to detail and superior multi-tasking abilities preferred;
INTERVIEW & TEST
ONLY those candidates who fully meet the above-listed requirements will be contacted for selective tests (in English) within February 2023
- Written test: multiple choice test on economics, international trade, commercial law, international marketing, Italian Trade Agency, Italian brands and Made in Italy products.
- Practical test: computer test to prove general knowledge of PC use (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Speaking test: in English (mandatory); Italian (if any); Vietnamese (only for non-native Vietnamese candidates).
Timing: about 75 min
The candidates will be judged on a 1-10 scale for each test.**
Salary: Basic salary of USD 10,500.00 gross per annum for a full-time employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV, copy of valid Id-card or Passport and self-declaration that verifies the possession of the requirements (education and criminal records certificates) which guarantees entry to the selective phase ONLY BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Attn.FABIO DE CILLIS (Mr).
Please note that Candidates lacking the mandatory requirement above mentioned will not be considered and will not receive a response. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 31ST, 2023 at 17:00 (GMT+7).
This selection may be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason by the ICE/ITA – Italian Trade Agency in Ho Chi Minh City at its full discretion, without generating any moral or legal commitment towards the candidates, including those fully meeting the job requirements.
The ICE/ITA – Italian Trade Agency does not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, color, race, religion or country of origin in the application of its employment policies, including but not limited to recruitment, training and promotion.
*On a 1-10 scale:
10 – exceptional, professional level
09 – excellent, no distractions
08 – very good, only a few minor problems
07 – very good, with more minor or a few major problems
06 – good, noticeable problems but not distracting
05 – average
04 – below average, a few distracting problems
03 – below average, with more than a few distracting problems 02 – poor
01 – very poor