The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), established by UN Women and the UN Global Compact, are a set of Principles for business offering guidance on how to empower women in the workplace, marketplace and community with the subtitle “Equality Means Business”. The WEPs can be summarized as attached/below:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and non-discrimination
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
So far 3,670 businesses worldwide have signed the CEO Statements of Support for the WEPs (the template is attached for your information and for business leader’ signature and stamp if deciding to sign) as featured in the WEPs’ website, signaling their commitment to responsible business conducts towards their employees and the community. In Vietnam, 71 CEOs have signed the Statement, the list of which can be found here.
As ICHAM in Viet Nam supports gender equality to foster inclusive growth, we encourage company members in our network in Viet Nam to consider signing the CEO’s Statement to support the WEPs.
On the Occasion of the Vietnamese Entrepreneur Day 13 October 2020 and Vietnamese Women’s Day 20 October 2020, UN Women, Vietnam Women Entrepreneur Council, Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry organize the Viet Nam Women Entrepreneurs Forum 2020 “Ring the Bell – For a Prosperous and Sustainable Economy”
- Date: Thu 22 Oct 2020, from 16:00 to 21:00
- Venue: Melia Hotel, 44B Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Ha Noi
In this Forum, there is a session “Signing Ceremony of CEO Statement for Support WEPs”. Company leaders deciding to sign the CEO Statement of Support for the Women’s Empowerment’s Principles (WEPs), are cordially invited to sign it in this session with other leaders and to attend the Forum (please find the tentative Forum Agenda attached). Please register as soon as possible, by 18 Oct 2020 latest.
For any inquiries, please contact Ms. Nguyen Kim Lan at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell: 0913204387.