Time: Wednesday 30th June 2021 – 10.00 AM (Italy time)
Registration link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/regi…/7560467767707562765
Despite the pandemic, 2020 has been an important year for Vietnam with the signing of the Free Trade Agreement with the EU: a further economic and commercial measure to support the growth of over 6,000 Italian Italian companies currently present and a stimulus to welcome new ones in the future.
The event aims to present the dynamism of the Vietnamese people to the productive system of Florence and Tuscany and the important policies adopted after the war period of the 70s, with which it was able to transform a country into strong economic and social crisis, making it one of the reference countries worldwide due to its constant growth over the last 20 years.
Primarily aimed for companies in the Agri-food, Tourism, Textile and Pharmaceutical sectors, the webinar will focus on the commercial and industrial opportunities of Vietnam, which was further increased after the signing of the recent agreement with the EU.
In the last 10 years, Vietnam has boast its GDP growth between 6 and 7% and a continuous growth of trade relations with Italy. In the first three months of 2021 the value of import-export between Vietnam and Italy stood at 1.4 billion dollars, with an increase of 21.4% compared to the same period of 2020. At the same time, the import value from Italy reached 444.8 million dollars, equal to +12.4% compared to the same period in 2020.
The webinar will be organized in collaboration with the Embassy of Vietnam and the Italian Chamber in Vietnam (ICHAM) and thanks to the support of the Enterprise Europe Network, the most important European support network for SMEs.
– 10.00 Institutional greetings, Mr. Giuseppe Salvini – Secretary General of the CCIAA of Florence
– 10.10 Institutional greetings, Ms. Cecilia Del Re – Councillor of the Municipality of Florence
– 10.20 Opening Remarks, H.E. Nguyen Thi Bich Hue – Ambassador of Vietnam in Italy
– 10.30 Technical speech, Mr. Francesco Bechi – President of Federalberghi Florence and President of Confturismo Tuscany
– 10.40: Country Presentation, Speech about markets, opportunities, sectors, the Free Trade Agreement with the EU, Mr. Pham Hoang Hai – ICHAM Executive Director
– 11:10: Speech from Mr. Vo Chi Giang – Vice Chairman of Vinh Phuc Provincial People’s Committee
– 11.40 Q&A
– 12.00 Closing remarks