Following Vietnam’s commitment to net-zero at the Conference of the Parties (COP26) and with Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính signing off Decision No.1658/QD-TTg approving a national strategy on green growth in the 2021-2030 period, green growth is seen as a key approach for Vietnam to realize the goal of sustainable development with the people at the core, and eventually prosperity.
Such transition from the traditional brown economy urgently requires advances technologies, models, and initiatives to support and help the S-shaped nation move away from its heavy reliance on inefficient energy infrastructure and natural resources that are easily exploited.
In order to help Vietnam meet the demands, the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (ICHAM) in cooperation with the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham) and fellow European Business Associations invited and hosted European businesses, especially Italian businesses operating in the Green sectors in order for to bring advanced technology and products to the Green Economy Forum & Exhibition (GEFE) 2022 on November 28th-30th, 2022.
GEFE 2022 and Italy Pavilion welcomed the presence of HE. Antonio Alessandro – Ambassador of Italy in Hanoi, Mr. Enrico Padula, Consul General of Italy in HCMC, Mr. Michele D’Ercole – ICHAM Chairman, Mr. Tran Thanh Quyet – ICHAM Executive Director and Mr. Massimiliano Margarone – ICHAM Desk in Liguria.
The Italian Pavilion had the honor to greet Mr. Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries, and Mr. Alain Cany, Chairman of EuroCham Vietnam and over 5,000 distinguished guests visiting GEFE.
This year, Italy Pavilion welcomed the enthusiastic participation and featured products/solutions of:
- Ariston Group – Thermal Solutions
- Bonfiglioli – Wind Turbines
- Datalogic – Scanners
- Elevator Innovation Hub – Garbage Collector System for River & Electric Vehicle
- Hung Yen Knitting & Dyeing Co., Ltd – Recycled textile
- Piaggio Vietnam – Electric Vespa & RobotsAlso contributing to the sustainable discussion were interesting Panel Discussions on solar energy and grids with interventions of Eni, Enel Green Power, and BEC Năng Lượng Mặt Trời Việt Nam.As ICHAM, we are thrilled to host the above great businesses in the unique atmosphere of GEFE – where big ideas, innovative solutions are openly discussed and responded. Italy have been well known for its attentive and serious outlook on corporate responsibility and sustainable practice, that outlook have been portrait in every day life of Italian citizen. Through GEFE, ICHAM hopes that more and more businesses in green economy could see the vast potentials that Vietnam market has to offer. And with such acknowledgement, we could support develop many more #partnership between green businesses of Italy and Vietnam.Italy Pavilion thank you for the warm crowd of visitors during the past three days and we look forward to developing further connection with you in the Green Economy.
For further details, please contact ICHAM via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+84) 28 3822 4059
Exhibitors of Italian Pavilion:
Ariston Group is an Italian excellence. Having a leadership position in the global thermal comfort market for residential and commercial spaces, Ariston provides consumers around the world with innovative, energy-saving solutions designed to improve and simplify domestic life.
Ariston Group has placed energy efficiency at the heart of its sustainable growth strategy. Renewable and high efficiency products and solutions can make a decisive contribution to reaching the environmental goals in the building sector and reducing energy consumption, without sacrificing comfort.
With over 60 years of experience, Bonfiglioli produces and distributes a full range of gearmotors, drive systems, planetary gearboxes, and inverters, being able to handle the most complex demands in industrial automation, mobile machinery and renewable energy.
Bonfiglioli firmly believes in the protection of the environment and is committed to responsibly carrying out its business in accordance with current environmental regulations and legislation and continuously using all possible resources to prevent pollution and protect the environment.
Datalogic is a global technology leader in the automatic data capture and factory automation markets, specialized in the designing and production of barcode readers, mobile computers, sensors for detection, measurement and safety, RFID, vision and laser marking systems.
Datalogic is moving its resources towards the integration of sustainability principles in the development of new products and services.
Hung Yen Knitting & Dyeing Co. Ltd. belongs to Carvico Group – one of the largest global players operating in the textile industry for over 50 years.
Operating efficiently in respect of the environment, using renewable resources, controlling water wastage, energy consumption and emission, using only certified chemicals are some of the actions of Hung Yen Knitting & Dyeing Co. Ltd to achieve environmental sustainability.
Piaggio Group is Europe’s leading manufacturer in the premium scooter segment, famous for its brands that are considered as timeless icons, such as Vespa, Piaggio, Aprilia, and Moto Guzzi.
Vietnam hosts Piaggio Asia Pacific’s headquarters, playing a key role in Piaggio’s growth strategy in the region.
One of Piaggio Vietnam’s goals, in line with Piaggio Group’s environmental-oriented policies and guidelines, is to achieve the environmental sustainability objectives of its production ties.
Elevator Innovation Hub is the first technological hub of coworking and shared innovation in Vicenza. But not only. It is a place of contamination, interaction and constant confrontation. Here, under the same roof, brilliant minds from all over the Berico territory work: there is the award-winning startupper and the veteran engineer, the hi-tech SME and the group of students who meet in front of the coffee machine and there are born new exiting projects. Elevator is a point of reference for all those who, thanks also to the use of laboratories and networking, have the opportunity to develop revolutionary ideas and products. It offers physical spaces, prototyping machinery and state-of-the-art laboratories. It offers furnished offices (all inclusive of all ordinary and extraordinary office management expenses and including the personalized secretarial service), shared offices, meeting and training rooms, warehouses, data center, kitchen / dining room, fiber optic connection and much more.
Elevator hosts technical webinar and round tables with guests of national importance on the key themes of innovation, and has become a magnet for engineers, developers, students of technology subjects. The hub aims to be a great business, networking and innovation opportunity for all. Elevator is located in Vicenza and enjoys a magnificent view of Villa Capra, known as the Rotonda
To be updated…
On July 21st, ICHAM Executive Director and our guest speakers specially organized a webinar for the Italian business community to get more insights on the promising green market in Vietnam and how Italian businesses can benefit from the Green Economy Forum & Exhibition 2022.
- Introduction – Mr. Quyet Tran Thanh, ICHAM Executive Director
- GEFE and Opportunities for Italian companies – Mr. Tomaso Andreatta, Chairman of Green Growth Sector Committee – EuroCham, Indochina Head Representative – Intesa Sanpaolo
- Vietnam market for solar energy – Mr. Federico Bestiani, Director of Bestiani Engineering Company (BEC)
- Q&A Discussion