Founded in 1977, today CAE is the Italian leader in designing, implementing and servicing multi-hazard monitoring and early warning systems and technologies.
In a time of climate change, CAE is at the forefront of the fight to reduce human vulnerability to the natural hazards, offering public and private institutions state-of-the-art systems to monitor environmental risks due to natural events.
- Risk due to extreme weather events
- Water and hydrological risk
- Geological and hydrogeological risk
- Risk due to wildfires
- Risk due to pollution of water resources
Initially focused on hydro-meteorological monitoring, CAE systems are now being expanded to monitor a wider range of natural hazards. Thanks to robustness of components, expertise in project design, quality of installation, excellent remote and in-field maintenance programs and technical training, CAE turn-key systems ensure 100% data collection in real time.
Within its industry, CAE is the market leader in 15 administrative Regions of Italy and operates in several countries. Up to today, CAE provided more than 110 monitoring networks, more than 250 central operating units and about 5.600 automatic stations all around the world.
The challenge ahead is supporting the evolution of monitoring systems into Early Warning Systems. Once again CAE technology is ready, offering very unique features to support the transition, increase the capacity to use risk information and provide early warning dissemination.
Sectors: Water Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Natural Hazard Mitigation, Environmental Risk Reduction, Wildfire Prevention, Flood and Drought Relief.
Target Organizations: Civil Protection Agencies and Environment Protection Agencies both at National and Regional level; Land Management Bureaus at Municipal level, Hydro-Meteorological Agencies, Hydropower Energy Agencies; Water Management Agencies; oil companies with off-shore and inshore operations; etc.
Market leader in: Italy, Vietnam, Maldives.
International business network: Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Maldives, UAE & GCC countries, Zambia, Greece, Serbia, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, Colombia.
Main international projects contracted to CAE S.p.A.:
- 2008 – Italian ODA (Overseas Development Assistance) Project in Vietnam – “Improving the Flood Forecasting and Warning System in Vietnam” – value range: 2 – 3 million Euro.
- 2009 – Ministry of Environment of Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela – “Improving water quality monitoring in 3 water reservoirs supplying water to Caracas” – value range: 1 – 1.5 million Euro.
- 2012 – World Bank in Vietnam – “Natural Disaster Risk Management WB4” sub project “Strengthening Capabilities of Flood Warning and Monitoring in Cuu Long Delta River” – value range: 3 – 4 million Euro.
- 2017 – Italian ODA (Overseas Development Assistance) Project in Maldives – “Enhancing weather and climate monitoring and data management capacity of MMS (Maldives Meteorological Service) for reducing vulnerabilities of climate change in the Maldives: Supply and Installation of 25 Automatic Weather Stations” – value range: 0.5 – 1 million Euro.
- 2018 – Italian ODA (Overseas Development Assistance) Project in Vietnam – “Improving the Flood Forecasting and Warning System in Vietnam, ll Phase”. Procurement package: “Supply and Installation of the Specialized Equipment, Mobile Survey Unit and Related Services” – value range: 3 – 4 million Euro.
- 2019 – World Bank in Serbia – “Serbia National Disaster Risk Management Program” sub project “Procurement of: Hydrological and UHF equipment” – value range: 0.5 – 1 million Euro.
- 2020 – UNDP in Serbia – Project: “Strengthening Resilience and Preparedness of the City of Belgrade to Respond the Natural Disasters and Emergencies”, contract “equipment for water and rain gauges” – value range: 0.5 – 1 million Euro.
- 2020 – World Bank in Kyrgyzstan – Central Asia Hydrometeorology Modernization Program Additional financing, contract “Equipping Hydrological Observation Networks, Roads and Large Cities, glaciers with automatic meteorological stations” – value range: 1 – 1.5 million Euro.
- 2021 – World Bank in Perù – Project: “Peru Integrated Water Resources Management in Ten Basins Project – IWRM”. Contract: “Supply, installation, commissioning and training of the water level sensor in the reservoir, raingauge and data transmission system via satellite GOES in the seven prioritized dams of the PGIRH” – Customer: ANA (Autoridad Nacional Del Agua) – Value range: 5 million Euro.
- 2021 – Asian Development Bank in Tajikistan – (Work through local partner) Project: “Lake Sarez Risk Mitigation Project (LSRMP)”- Contract: “Supply, installation and commissioning of equipment for Sarez lake monitoring and early warning systems” – Customer: Committee of Emergency Situations and Civil Defense of the Republic of Tajikistan – Value range: 5 million Euro.